At Blackadders, we count many professional firms among our client base, including: accountants, architects, dentists, GPs, surveyors. We have advised numerous businesses on partnership agreements, LLPs and other set-ups.
Professional firms have unique attributes and our experience of advising them can make the difference in ensuring appropriate and commercially-relevant advice.
We also draw on our own experience as a successful professional firm that has grown and evolved since first established in the early 1800s.
Of course, many professionals now have options other than traditional partnerships available to them. We have advised many firms on establishing or converting practices to limited liability partnerships (LLPs) and limited companies. Our team have also advised on dealing with corporate partners.
Our experience includes:-
- Partnership agreements, LLP agreements and shareholders’ agreements
- Assuming new partners and dealing with partners’ retirement or termination
- Advising on the resolution of partnership disputes
- Providing opinions or input on specialist areas of the law to law firms in need of specialist support
- Advising on issues of professional negligence
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants
- Debt recovery
Professional firms in the health and care sector also benefit from the experience of our health and care team. Our teams of commercial lawyers work closely with other teams at Blackadders, so that you benefit from a range of expertise and experience.