To provide high quality, legal advice to a wide range of commercial real estate clients on all aspects of commercial property matters. To assist the firm in achieving its stated professional and commercial objectives by developing the commercial property business unit.
Ideally, the candidate would work from our Dundee office but we are keen to speak to candidates elsewhere in Scotland who could work from our offices in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Perth.
- Meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm's suitability to provide the necessary advice and services.
- Draft, negotiate, conclude and implement commercial property sales and purchases.
- Draft, negotiate and conclude leases.
- Examine title and leases and report to clients.
- Researching and analysing information, including, legal documents and local authority reports, as relevant to the matter in hand.
- Build and maintain long-lasting client and agent relationships.
- Raise the profile and promote the growth of the commercial property unit, and generate own business.
- Manage your workload competently, professionally, efficiently and cost-effectively to achieve client and firm objectives
- Be pro-active in the financial control of all your own and team matters, including accurate time recording and prompt feeing.
- Participate in and support business development initiatives within the division.
- Support more junior members of the team with the development of their technical knowledge and skills.
- Maintain the strictest standards of client confidentiality at all times.
- Adhere to Blackadders policies and procedures and Law Society of Scotland Regulations, including Money Laundering, etc.
- To ensure that Safe Working Practices are adhered to, in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation and Blackadders LLP.
- You have excellent communications skills, you are articulate, you communicate clearly and concisely.
- You enjoy working within a team and on your own.
- You are good at building and developing client relationships.
- You are confident and you believe in your own ability.
- You have a good working knowledge of commercial property law.
- You are committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required.
- You have good attendance and timekeeping.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years PQE with relevant commercial property experience.
There may be the requirement to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
Job Title: Solicitor/Senior Solicitor/Associate
Division: Business Services
Unit: Commercial Property
Responsible to: Partner, Head of Unit
No agencies, please.