To deliver a comprehensive reception/telephone/typing service to staff and clients and assist with general office administration.
- To welcome potential and established clients in a professional manner, politely and with confidence.
- Deal with clients with, or without appointments and handle their questions/problems.
- Deal with internal/external telephone calls efficiently using the firms' computerised telephone system.
- Maintain and update an ancillary telephone list.
- Deal with all general enquiry e-mails.
- Deal with mail ensuring urgent correspondence is properly directed to and dealt with by a specific member of staff.
- Photocopy clients’ anti-money laundering credentials and pass to fee earners.
- Manage dairies for Meeting Rooms throughout the working day.
- Assist with preparation of meeting rooms for clients ensuring crockery, glassware, cutlery, napkins etc are provided, cleared and replenished for each required meeting throughout the day, when necessary.
- Order stationery for the reception area.
- Assist with general office administration as required.
- Activate night service and clear messages each morning.
- Change answering machine message for holiday periods.
- Ensure main entrance is secured on departing.
- Adhere to Blackadders policies and procedures and Law Society of Scotland Regulations, including Money Laundering, Client Charter etc.
To ensure that Safe Working Practices are adhered to, in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation and Blackadders LLP.
There may be the requirement to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations would not of themselves justify the re-evaluation of a post. In cases, however, where a permanent and substantial change in the nature of the duties and responsibilities of a post occurs consistent with a higher level of responsibility, then the post would be eligible for re-evaluation.
Job Title: Receptionist - Edinburgh
Date: March 2019
Responsible to: Facilities Manager
No agencies please.