To provide a comprehensive service as part of the administration team that will include filing, mailroom and other general admin duties.
You will also be responsible for covering reception which involves greeting visitors and delivering exceptional customer service assistance.
Principal Duties will include:
- Carry out filing for Fee Earners and Partners including opening new files and ensuring that files are kept up to date.
- Process finished files for closure.
- Assist with uploading client identification using company databases where appropriate.
- To be responsible for opening all incoming post and processing all outgoing post.
- Assist with local deliveries to Court and banking.
- Provide relief cover for Reception. Preparing and arranging refreshments and catering for client meetings.
- Answer and direct phone calls in a polite and timely manner.
- Welcome visitors/clients in a warm and friendly manner, and answer and questions they may have.
- Maintain the Reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of visitors to the office.
- Receive deliveries and distribute accordingly.
- Operate standard office equipment on a regular basis, including copy machine and computer.
- Deal with copying of clients relevant ID.
- Adhere to Blackadders policies and procedures and Law Society of Scotland Regulations, including Money Laundering etc.
- Ensure that Safe Working Practices are adhered to, in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation and Blackadders LLP.
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and prioritising tasks without guidance
- Able to work well within a very busy environment
- Strong telephone skills
- Punctual with a good attendance history
- Sociable with a positive attitude
- Able to emphasize with others
- Ability to remain calm
Health and Safety
- Make sure all equipment, devices and systems are maintained in an efficient state, in a good working order and repair.
- Allow good ventilation around the working area
- Keeping the reception area clean and tidy
- Identifying potential hazards and reporting to the relevant person
- Fire Records up to date
There may be the requirement to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations would not of themselves justify the re-evaluation of a post. In cases, however, where a permanent and substantial change in the nature of the duties and responsibilities of a post occurs consistent with a higher level of responsibility, then the post would be eligible for re-evaluation.
Job Title: Receptionist/ Administration Assistant
Date: August 2021
Unit: Administration, Reception
Responsible to: Director of HR and Facilities