Blackadders are delighted to be sponsors of the IoD’s latest seminar, held at the Doubletree by Hilton Dundee on 29 April 2015.
This is the fourth in a series of Scottish seminars in response to requests from IoD members for clarity on the range of funding sources currently available to support their business needs.
There are increasingly good examples of businesses flourishing and of innovative funding mechanisms being introduced.
The workshop will cover the conventional sources of:
- Equity finance
- Bank and asset lending
- Crowdfunding and peer lending,
- Government support schemes including UK Export Finance to assist export opportunities.
The key questions which will be addressed are:
- What can I secure and from whom?
- When and in what business circumstances?
- On what terms will I receive funding?
The keynote speaker is Kevin Grainger, Founder & Gatekeeper, EOS Technology Investment Syndicate. Other speakers include:
- Andy Coleman – Entrepreneur
- Jon Boyce – Manager Northern Regions, UK Export Finance
- Ian Collins – Senior Manager, Commercial Banking – SMEs, Tayside, Fife and Stirling, Bank of Scotland
- Hamish Malcolm – City Financial, Independent Financial Advisors
- Andrew Burnett – Director Operations, Elevator (formerly Enterprise North East Trust
- Craig McKenna – Crowdcube
- Angus Hay – Director of DC Consulting
- Richard Pugh – Investment Manager, Business Growth Fund
- Ian Mitchelmore – Scottish Investment Bank
8.30am – 14.00pm, Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Dundee 29 April
For more details on these speakers and information on how to register for the event, please click here.
The opinions expressed in this site are of the author(s) only and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Blackadders LLP.
Blackadders takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the content of this site is accurate and up to date. The site is not, however, intended as a substitute for seeking legal or other professional advice but rather as an informative guide to the services provided by Blackadders and topical legal developments. Site visitors should always seek advice tailored to their specific situation. Consequently, Blackadders accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by anyone acting or failing to act on the basis of information contained on this site. Downloading of material contained on this site is at the user’s own risk and all necessary virus checks must first be carried out by the user. Blackadders is not responsible for the material found on any web sites linked to this one and links to this site may only be made with Blackadders prior consent.
Blackadders owns the copyright in this blog and all material contained on it. The material on this site may be downloaded for personal use only and must not be altered. Otherwise, Blackadders’ written consent is required before any material on this site is reproduced, copied or transmitted in any way.
Information passed to us via this site is kept confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties except if authorised by you or required by law.
© Blackadders LLP 2020
Members of the Law Society of Scotland.
Blackadders Solicitors is a trading name of Blackadders LLP, a limited liability partnership, registered in Scotland No SO301600 whose registered office is 30 & 34 Reform Street, Dundee, DD1 1RJ. Reference to a ‘partner’ is to a member of Blackadders LLP.