Partner, Rural Land & Business
Ellen is a partner in our Rural Land and Business Team. She qualified in 2003 and is a Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer. She is experienced in rural property work, including farm and estate sales and purchases, agricultural leasing, bank finance work (acting for both lenders and borrowers), and servitudes and burdens. She also advises on renewables projects, shooting and fishing, partnership and succession planning.
Ellen acts for a wide range of rural clients, including farmers and estate owners, landlords and tenants, lending institutions, and diversified rural businesses.
Ellen comes from Speyside, and has many family connections in the farming community. She uses her excellent personal understanding of rural businesses to the benefit of her clients.
- Acting for an estate in renewables projects, land purchase, advising on fishing rights and agricultural and residential tenancy matters.
- Advising clients on contentious partnership issues; renegotiating partnership agreement and dealing with related property matters.
- Acquisition of large shooting estate in northern Scotland.
- Acting for lenders in multimillion pound refinance transactions.
- Acting for a charitable trust in relation to agricultural leases, title matters, residential leases and renewables projects.
- Acting for landlords and tenants in contentious agricultural leasing matters.
- Acting for a local agricultural show.
- Acting for riding stable owners in property and business matters.
- Ranked in the Legal 500 for Private Client - Agriculture & Estates