Partner, Commercial Property
A large section of Fraser’s career has been spent advising corporate, commercial and individual clients including banks and other financial institutions, government bodies, property developers, property investors and high net worth individuals with regard to their real estate and real estate finance requirements.
Fraser’s experience spans 30 years of working in the property/real estate sector. He is proactive, pragmatic and positive in his approach to business. He works with all sections of society from the public, commerce and third sector. He brings an objective approach to reviewing the requirements of businesses (and individuals), their strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats and how to assist them in using their current network in a more positive way to bring them more customers and improve the way they operate within the business community.
His work includes assisting clients with:-
- General real estate finance
- Corporate support
- All forms of real estate work including acquisition, sale (including sale and leaseback arrangements), development out and disposal, landlord & tenant, property investment and joint venture. Fraser also acts for a number of healthcare clients such as doctors, dentists, pharmacies and other professional practices in their purchase, sale or leasing of their practices.
- Cross-border support
- Assisting clients in finding JV partners and finance and how to improve their business development techniques.
Acting for a well-known UK travel operating company in advising on the Scottish property elements of their acquisition of the property folio from the Liquidator of a rival operator.
Acting for a major investment company in their purchase of a large retail shopping centre
Acting for a major developer in advising on the property aspects of their purchase, development out and sale on of a large former chemical manufacturing site
Lead property adviser to a major UK bank on the funding of the acquisition of a number of property investment portfolios
Lead property adviser in relation to a major nursing home operator on their acquisition and development out of a number of sites for care homes
Acting for a major property company in their purchase and development out of one of the largest brownfield sites in Scotland
Acting for a number of healthcare clients such as private hospitals, doctors, dentists, pharmacies and other professional practices in the property aspects of their purchase, sale or leasing of their practices.
Numerous cross-border deals providing property support to English, Irish & Welsh firms of solicitors including Circle Health’s acquisition of BMI Healthcare
Acting in relation to property matters and real estate finance matters on a number of PFI/PPP matters
- Finalist of the Scottish Legal Awards 2019 "Commercial Property Team of the Year Award"
- Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500