Director, Rural Land & Business
Gail is a Director in our Rural Land & Business Department and is based in our Edinburgh office. She has many years’ experience in dealing with all aspects of rural property matters, and regularly advises landowners, developers and commercial clients in respect of land and forestry acquisitions and sales, agricultural law, farms, sporting and fishing rights, minerals and rural Estates.
She routinely deals with general Estate and Estate management matters- title issues, services, access, conservation, environment, estate planning /re-organisation and Estate/family business structures.
Gail is also a specialist in renewable energy matters, having been involved in over 100 windfarm, hydro and other renewable projects for clients.
- Re-organisation of portfolio of farm tenancies in the Inner Hebrides
- Purchase of £7m sporting estate in Invernesshire
- Advising on impact of Community Right to Buy-out on Bute
- Sale of £3m forest in Argyll
- Lease and other land documents relating to £8m anaerobic digestion plant in Central Belt
- Option and Lease for 14 turbine project in Dumfries and Galloway
- Option, Lease and security work for £1m hydro project for landowner in Invernesshire
- Preparation of legal suite of documents for joint venture wind project in Renfrewshire
- Preparation of drilling agreements for mineral extraction in Midlothian
- Sale of £4m salmon fishing Estate in Roxburghshire
- Preparation of agricultural diversification documents for tenant’s renewables project
- Company buy-out of £1.6m forestry plantation for Christmas tree investment
- Purchase of £6m investment portfolio of forests in Scotland
- Member of the Agricultural Law Association, the Confederation of Forest Industries (UK) Ltd and Scottish Land & Estates.
- Ranked in the 2017 Legal 500 for Private client - Agriculture and estates