Partner, Private Client
Gillian is a Partner in our Private Client team and is experienced in a broad range of private client matters including Adults with Incapacity, Later Life, Wealth Management & Tax, Wills, Trust & Estates.
Gillian has a particular interest in helping, older, infirm and disabled clients. She combines technical expertise with a genuine interest in this often under-supported sector, offering professional, caring advice.
Outside of work, Gillian travels the world to pursue her passion for whale watching and marine conservation. An avid runner, she regularly competes to raise funds for charity.
Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Incapacity and Mental disability Law since 2013.
- Advising on and establishing trusts, with a special interest in Trusts for beneficiaries who are vulnerable and/or lack capacity and advising families on the use and administration of these Trusts.
- Advising other firms and solicitors on matters relating to incapacity issues and providing opinions on such matters.
- Preparing reports for personal injury compensation claims, to be lodged in support of and to facilitate settlement of claims, thereafter setting up the trust and supervising administration of the trust including engaging with the adult and family/carers to agree care plan etc.
- Advise clients on Wills and Powers of Attorneys, Inheritance Tax Planning .
- I have acted as financial guardian as an approved provider of Legal Services for a Local Authority for 10 years and advise on how applications should be drafted in complex and/or unusual cases.
- One of only a handful of people accredited by the Law Society of Scotland in incapacity and mental disability law.
- External Roles
- Trustee of Mainstay Trust Ltd.
- Trustee of Life Changes Trust.
- Trustee of Equal Futures.