Jack Boyle is a Director in our employment team and is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in employment law. Jack has a particular focus on contentious employment law, appearing regularly in the employment tribunals for both employers and employees. Jack presents regularly at national conferences and training seminars on all aspects of employment law for clients, HR professionals and other bodies, most recently presenting to over 140 HR professionals in Edinburgh. According to Chambers and Partners 2019, one client commended him for his "exceptional grasp on the subject matter," saying: "He understood the issues we were facing and gave us options that were practical."
Jack has a particular interest in regulatory law, advising registered workers in connection with various matters relating to the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), including representation at SSSC hearings.
- Successfully defending a high-value employment tribunal claim for associative disability discrimination for a small employer
- Securing a successful outcome for an employee in a high profile TUPE case following a ruling at the Employment Appeal Tribunal
- Obtaining a payment of £65,000 for a senior employee in a whistleblowing claim
- Assisting a number of individuals in retaining their SSSC registration
- Winning compensation of two years’ wage loss for a young apprentice
- Successful defence of a breach of contract/constructive dismissal claim brought against our client by an “apprentice”, and persuading the tribunal that he was not an apprentice
- Ranked in the UK Chambers & Partners 2019 as an "Associate to Watch"
- Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as an Employment Law Specialist.
- Winner of the Scottish Legal Awards 2019 "Employment Team of the Year Award"
- Finalist at Scottish Legal Awards 2019 ‘Legal Technology Award’
- Finalist at The Herald Law Awards Scotland 2019 'Employment Team of the Year Award'
- Finalist for the 2018 Scottish Legal Awards for "Innovation in Practice Award"
- Winner of the 2017 Scottish Legal Awards “Excellence in Client Care Award”
- Winner of the 2016 Scott & Co Legal Awards "Employment Team of the Year"
- Jack is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and Employment Lawyers Group.
- He tutors employment law on the Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Dundee and is a Trustee at the Dundee Carers Centre.
“Jack has provided an excellent employment law service for approximately 7 years now and I have found him to be a first-class solicitor. My role as Group HR manager of a group of several companies in Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland gives rise to a broad variety of employment law issues. I always feel in good hands when receiving advice from Jack. He has an excellent grasp of the law and is good at cutting to the chase and advising in a clear, jargon free manner.”
“The advice we received was direct, straightforward, timely and always made sense, and it was a tremendous support to me as I led the organisation through a technically challenging and emotionally stressful time for all.”