Jack Boyle is an associate solicitor in our employment team. Jack has a particular focus on contentious employment law, appearing regularly in the employment tribunals for both employers and employees. Jack participates regularly in employment law seminars and training events on all aspects of employment law for clients, HR professionals and other bodies.
Jack has a particular interest in regulatory law, advising registered workers in connection with various matters relating to the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), including representation at SSSC hearings.
UK Chambers & Partners 2018 states that Jack gives “clear and structured advice in a way that a lay person can understand.”
- Successfully defending a high-value employment tribunal claim for associative disability discrimination for a small employer
- Securing a successful outcome for an employee in a high profile TUPE case following a ruling at the Employment Appeal Tribunal
- Obtaining a payment of £65,000 for a senior employee in a whistleblowing claim
- Assisting a number of individuals in retaining their SSSC registration
- Winning compensation of two years’ wage loss for a young apprentice
Finalist for the 2018 Scottish Legal Awards for "Innovation in Practice Award"
Winner of the 2016 Scott & Co Legal Awards "Employment Team of the Year"
Winner of the 2017 Scottish Legal Awards “Excellence in Client Care Award”
Ranked in the UK Chambers & Partners 2018 as a "Leading Individual"
Jack is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
He tutors employment law on the Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Dundee and is a Trustee at the Dundee Carers Centre.