Senior Solicitor, Private Client
Jacqueline embarked on her legal career in 2002 after graduating with LLB (Honours) and Diploma in Legal Practice. She has years of experience behind her in the private client field in relation to Guardianships, AWI court matters, Succession Issues, Care Home Fees Planning, Inheritance Tax Planning, Estate Planning, Contentious Testate and Intestate Estates, Judicial Factories, Legal Rights and Section 29 Claims, Wills and Powers of Attorney. She has specialised in working with Adults with Incapacity, the Elderly and Care Cost Planning.
Jacqueline displays compassion and sensitivity and is consistently aware that she may be dealing with clients who are fragile following bereavement or illness of a loved one. She will readily meet with clients in their homes, hospital or care homes.
- Delivered presentations on Adults with Incapacity, Guardianship and the Court System at the Law Society of Scotland’s Guardianship, Intervention and Voluntary Measures conference sharing the platform with Adrian Ward, the former Public Guardian Sandra MacDonald, and the next Law Society of Scotland Vice President, Amanda Millar.
- Regularly presents seminars to various Carers Clinics across the Central Belt on Care Cost Planning, Guardianships and other Adults with Incapacity issues.
- Provides monthly clinics to Carers’ Centres in Glasgow South, Glasgow East and Helensburgh where she gives advice to carers on all Adults with Incapacity matters.
- Represents Applicants and Respondents at Adults with Incapacity court hearings for Intervention Orders and Guardianships with regular, contentious or opposed applications and taking cases to Proof.
- Notary Public
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Member of the Scottish Law Agents Society.
- Finalist at the Herald Law Awards 2019 Private Client Team of the Year
- Tutor on the Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Glasgow