Associate Solicitor, Private Client
Karin initially joined Blackadders in 2006 as a solicitor in our residential conveyancing department. In 2012, she moved to the Executries team within the Private Client department in our Dundee office and dealt with all aspects of the executry process guiding clients through the difficult process of administering estates after death including contentious testate and intestate estates. In 2016 she moved to the Perth office and dealt with the preparation of Wills and Powers of Attorney as well in addition to her Executry work.
Following a short break, she has returned to the Dundee office and is now based in our Trusts, Tax and Care team preparing bespoke Wills for clients to ensure their assets are protected and providing clients with advice on the importance of having a Power of Attorney in place and the preparation of same. She also advises clients on succession and tax planning issues for asset protection and inheritance tax purposes, including planning for “legal rights” situations and mitigating liabilities for inheritance tax.
- Preparing bespoke Wills for a broad range of clients.
- Advising clients on the best ways to mitigate their Inheritance Tax liability and minimising care home fees that may fall payable from their estate.
- Assisting clients making a Power of Attorney and providing them with the essential knowledge to ensure their own peace of mind.
- Dealing with Estates of high net worth clients.
- Administering complex Intestate and Testate Estates.
- Awarded Distinction in The Law Society of Scotland and Society of Law Accountants in Scotland Exam in Executry Administration in 2014.
- Notary Public
- Karin is on the Board of Trustees for Perth & Kinross Disability Sport (PKDS) a charity which aims to promote sport and physical activity for adults and children with a physical, learning or sensory disability within the Perth & Kinross area.
- Affiliate member of STEP