Laura joined Blackadders in 2006 after graduating from the University of Dundee with a first class honours degree and a diploma in legal practice.
Laura is now a Partner in our Private Client Division. She has experience in dealing with Wills, Trusts, Taxation, Charities, Executry Estates and Adults with Incapacity including Powers of Attorney, Guardianship Orders and Financial Management.
Laura has specialised in Adults with Incapacity for more than a decade now and acts for individuals, charities and local authorities. She has developed considerable expertise in dealing with incapable adults of all ages and with arranging financial and welfare guardianships and acting as financial guardian to incapable adults.
- Admitted as a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners after being awarded the STEP Diploma for Scotland (Trusts and Estates) with Distinction in September 2010.
- Named "Taxation of Trusts and Estates Student of the Year (Scotland)" at the STEP Excellence Awards in June 2010 in London.
- Assisting families in the appointment of welfare and/or financial guardians.
- Acting as financial guardian for a number of incapable adults.
- Preparing independent reports required under the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000 in applications for guardianship and intervention orders.
- Preparing safeguarder reports to protect the interests of incapable adults in court proceedings.
- Succession and lifetime financial planning for families with disabled members.
- Presenting to lay and professional audiences on the subject of Adults with Incapacity.
- Notary Public
- Accredited as a specialist in Incapacity and Mental Disability Law by the Law Society of Scotland
- Ranked in Legal 500 as a Recommended Lawyer
- Trustee of local charity, Help for Kids, and Secretary to the City of Dundee Burgess Charity
- National Tutor and examiner for the Wills and Executries module of the STEP Diploma for Scotland
- Tutor and course organiser for the Private Client module of the Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Dundee