Partner, Employment Law
Donna is a Partner in our award-winning Employment team. She has specialised in employment law for 15 years and regularly appears in the employment tribunals for both employers and employees. Donna gives advice in relation to a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious employment issues with a particular focus on discrimination and a keen interest in disability, pregnancy and maternity, and sex discrimination and discrimination in partnerships. She participates regularly in employment law seminars and training events on all aspects of employment law for clients and HR professionals and is regularly published in the Scotsman and other publications.
- Successfully representing an employee at employment tribunal with a claim for failing to make reasonable adjustments under the Equality Act 2010
- Successfully representing a dismissed Registered General Nurse with claims of unfair dismissal and breach of contract
- Successful defence of claims of direct and indirect disability discrimination and constructive dismissal against an employer
- Successfully negotiating the settlement of a disability discrimination claim on behalf of an employee who remained in employment with the employer
- Successfully negotiated settlement of 34 claimants’ claims under TUPE arising out of a winning tender for catering services
- Successful negotiation of disability discrimination claims brought by a GP against the Partnership
- Successful defence of self-employed salesperson’s claims of employee and worker status and unpaid holiday pay
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Group and the Employment Lawyers Association.
- Director of the Traverse Theatre (Scotland) Limited, Traverse Trading Limited and Traverse Productions Limited
- LSS Professional Practice Committee
- Sits on the committee of the Dunfermline United Burns Club.
- Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Employment Law
- Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Discrimination Law