Partner, Rural Land & Business
Petra heads up our Rural Land and Business Team. She is ranked as a leading individual in both Legal 500 2020 and UK Chambers & Partners 2019. In recent editions of Chambers, it is noted that “she understands very much the issues pertaining to Scottish rural law, and she gives her clients confidence and reassurance that they are in good hands”. Petra has experience in a wide variety of matters and deals with all legal aspects of farming, rural business and related commercial property matters.
Petra is also accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Agricultural Law. Petra and her team deal with rural and commercial conveyancing matters, farm and estate sales and purchases, financing and security work, option agreements and development sales, investment property, renewable energy projects, agricultural tenancies, Wills, Powers of Attorney and Inheritance Tax planning, executries, partnership agreements and bank lending work. She acts for a large number of landowners, tenants, developers and lending institutions throughout Scotland.
She is a fluent Dutch speaker.
- Dealing with complex tenanted land acquisitions
- Advising clients on renewable projects, including hydro schemes and battery storage sites
- Advising clients on complex succession planning
- Advising clients on assignation of agricultural tenancies under the new agricultural holdings legislation and associated planning for succession to tenanted land
- Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Agricultural Law
- Ranked in the Legal 500 as a Recommended Lawyer
- Ranked in UK Chambers as a Leading Individual
- Member of the Agricultural Law Association
- Member of the Scottish Tenant Farmers Association