Associate Solicitor, Corporate & Commercial
Ruth is an Associate Solicitor within our Corporate and Commercial Team.
Ruth joined Blackadders after working in-house for a multi-million pound sporting organisation, advising on media and broadcasting rights, brand management and data protection compliance. Ruth provide clients with corporate and commercial advice in a variety of areas, including equity investment, business sales and purchases, share buybacks and corporate governance. She also regularly advises on management and protection of intellectual property.
Ruth has developed a particular interest in data protection and compliance and is able to assist clients in meeting requirements under the Data Protection Act as well as the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation. Ruth regularly works with the Employment team providing advice and guidance to employers on the collection and use of employee data, privacy policies and subject access requests.
Outside of work, Ruth sits on the board of directors for HELM Training Limited.
- Acting for local companies in various funding rounds involving multiple investors
- Assisting with a multi-million pound international share purchase deal
- Acting for clients operating in the healthcare sector in significant seven figure business sales
- Advising on partnership conversion to limited liability partnership and dealing with associated asset transfers
- Finalist for the 2018 Scottish Legal Awards for "Innovation in Practice Award"
- On the board of directors for HELM Training Limited