Ruth is an Associate Solicitor within our Corporate and Commercial Team.
Ruth joined Blackadders after working in-house for a multi-million pound sporting organisation, advising on media and broadcasting rights, brand management and data protection compliance. Ruth provides clients with corporate and commercial advice in a variety of areas, including equity investment, business sales and purchases, share buybacks and corporate governance. She also regularly advises on management and protection of intellectual property.
Ruth has developed a particular interest in data protection and compliance and acts as the firm’s principal advisor to clients in relation to these matters. She regularly provides advice and guidance regarding obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 (implementing the General Data Protection Regulation). Ruth deals with data protection matters raised in connection with a variety of commercial arrangements and relating to the collection and use of data, privacy policies and related procedures.
- Dealing with subject access requests and carrying out full data protection reviews for key clients
- Acting for local companies in various high level funding rounds involving multiple investors
- Assisting with a multi-million pound international share purchase deal
- Acting for clients operating in the healthcare sector in significant seven-figure business sales
- Advising on conversion to limited liability partnership and dealing with associated asset transfers
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements such as licensing, distribution, supply, franchise, partnership and agency.
- Winner of the Scottish Legal Awards 2019 "Employment Team of the Year Award"
- Finalist at Scottish Legal Awards 2019 ‘Legal Technology Award’
- Finalist for the 2018 Scottish Legal Awards for "Innovation in Practice Award"
- Notary Public
- On the board of directors for HELM Training Limited