Sarah is an Associate Solicitor in Blackadders' Business team. Sarah advises on corporate, commercial and banking matters and works with various sectors with a special interest in charities.
Sarah and her team advise clients from not for profit organisations and privately-held companies to major PLCs and large corporations with global operations. Sarah was recently seconded to OSRC, the Scottish Charities Regulator, gaining invaluable experience and specialist knowledge of regulatory work and a valuable understanding of OSCR's regulatory approach. Sarah can assist charities or those thinking about setting up a charity from set up to dissolution.
- Advising on and project managing conversions of charities to SCIO
- Advising on and project managing business acquisitions, disposals and MBOs
- Drafting charities’ governing documents reflecting their operational and management structures
- Drafting and negotiating service agreements and senior employment contracts
- Advising on the structure and implementation of corporate actions such as share capital reduction and share buy-backs, reviews of articles of association and shareholders' agreements
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements such as licensing, distribution, supply, franchise partnership and agency
- Notary Public
- Charity Trustee of Dundee Bairns