Partner, Employment Law
Simon Allison leads our award-winning Employment Team and has specialised in employment law for over 15 years. He regularly appears before employment tribunals and the Employment Appeal Tribunal, predominantly for employers. He gives advice in relation to the full gamut of issues from recruitment to performance management right through to TUPE and social media. Simon has been accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in employment law since 2013. Chambers and Partners 2019 states that “Simon is very knowledgeable and he is extremely focused on what your problem is at hand and what the solution needs to be.” Simon is the most followed employment lawyer on Twitter in Scotland and was awarded “Lawyer of the Year” at the 2018 Scottish Legal Awards.
- Successfully resisting a claim for discrimination arising from disability and various other types of claim under the Equality Act 2010
- Advising and assisting in collective and individual consultations for a large-scale redundancy process.
- Representing a small employer at employment tribunal and recovering in excess of £3,000 in expenses from the ex-employee claimant.
- Advising and assisting in relation to various complex claims under the TUPE Regulations.
- Successfully resisting an unfair dismissal claim at tribunal and recovering in excess of £40,000 in training fees from ex-employee
- Winner of the Scottish Legal Awards 2019 "Employment Team of the Year Award"
- Winner of the Scottish Legal Awards 2018 "Lawyer of the Year Award"
- Finalist at Scottish Legal Awards 2019 ‘Legal Technology Award’
- Finalist of the Scottish Legal Awards 2018 "Innovation in Practice Award"
- Finalist at The Herald Law Awards Scotland 2019 'Employment Team of the Year'
- Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Employment Law
- Ranked in the UK Chambers & Partners 2019 as a Leading Individual
- Ranked in the Legal 500 2018 as a Recommended Lawyer
- Winner of the Scottish Legal Awards 2017 “Excellence in Client Care Award”
- Winner of the Scottish Legal Awards 2016 “Employment Team of the Year Award”
“Simon is different from every other employment lawyer I have ever dealt with. He makes employment law seem easy and it is extremely difficult not to immediately like his straightforward manner.”
“I was really impressed as Simon’s ability to adapt to the style of the Employment Judge who heard the claim. As a direct result of Simon’s cross-examination of this ex-employee, his claim was struck out and we were awarded expenses against him.”
“There is something very humble about Simon and his work ethic. He demonstrates the qualities of a great leader. Although Simon could have retained the work (and the client) for himself, instead he was happy to share the work with his team. There was never any question of Simon retaining the work for himself. Simon has the self-confidence and the self-awareness to recognise the value of his team without feeling threatened by their success.”