Simon Allison leads Blackadders' award-winning Employment team. He has specialised in employment law for over 15 years with a particular focus on contentious matters. Simon regularly appears before employment tribunals and the Employment Appeal Tribunal, predominately for employers. He also gives advice in relation to a wide variety of employment law issues from recruitment to performance management right through to TUPE and social media.. Simon is a member of the Employment Law Group and the Employment Lawyers Association. UK Chambers & Partners 2018 states that Simon and his team are “proactive, supportive, dynamic and accessible” and that Simon is “extremely knowledgeable, thorough and able to explain things in a way that is comprehensible” enabling clients to make the best decision.
- Successfully resisting various types of claim under the Equality Act 2010
- Advising and assisting in collective and individual consultations for a large-scale redundancy process.
- Representing a small employer at employment tribunal and recovering in excess of £3,000 in expenses from the ex-employee claimant.
- Advising and assisting in relation to various complex claims under the TUPE Regulations.
- Successfully resisting an unfair dismissal claim at tribunal and recovering in excess of £40,000 in training fees from ex-employee
- Winner of the Scottish Legal Awards 2018 "Lawyer of the Year Award"
- Finalist of the Scottish Legal Awards 2018 "Innovation in Practice Award"
- Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Employment Law
- Ranked in the UK Chambers & Partners 2018 as a Leading Individual
- Ranked in the Legal 500 2017 as a Recommended Lawyer
- Winner of the Scottish Legal Awards 2017 “Excellence in Client Care Award”
- Winner of the Scottish Legal Awards 2016 “Employment Team of the Year Award”