Partner, Dispute Resolution
Stephanie is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution team and has a number of years' experience acting for a variety of clients in a wide range of contentious litigation cases. She also has significant experience in dealing with both personal and corporate insolvency cases, as a result of which she has been accredited as a specialist in Insolvency Law. She regularly acts for clients in both secured and unsecured debt recovery matters and advises on a number of diligence measures open to them.
Stephanie has advised and represented clients in a wide range of disputes in the Sheriff Court, the Court of Session and tribunals. She has been the principal adviser to clients including government bodies, companies of all sizes and their directors, private and registered social landlords, individuals, insolvency practitioners, creditors and financial institutions.
Stephanie regularly provides bespoke training to clients on a wide range of topics and prepares training notes and client briefings. She has spoken at a number of conferences and written articles which have been published in publications such as the Scotsman, Lexis Nexis and the Journal of the Law Society of Scotland. Additionally, she has passed the Joint Insolvency Examination Board (JIEB) exams in personal insolvency and in liquidations.
- Acted for insolvency practitioners in a number of corporate and personal insolvency cases resulting in asset realisations for creditors and principal adviser/representative in insolvency cases where she has successfully obtained court orders following pre insolvency challengeable transactions.
- Instructed Counsel in complex and high-value cases in the Court of Session in a variety of cases.
- Principal solicitor and representative in a number of reported cases where the judgments have set precedents followed in subsequent cases.
- Ranked in the Legal 500 2019 as a Recommended Lawyer for Insolvency & Corporate Recovery
- Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Insolvency Law
- Dual Qualified in Scottish and English Law
- Notary Public
- Member of ARDL, the Association of Disciplinary and Regulatory lawyers.
- Vice chair of the UK200 Business Recovery & Insolvency group