Partner, Commercial Property
Stuart has spent more than 10 years working in Edinburgh in one of the largest commercial property teams in the country, as well as for a renowned private client firm dealing with their commercial property requirements. He has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial and residential property, including investment acquisitions and disposals, and landlord and tenant work.
Stuart has advised on the Scottish aspects of cross-border portfolio projects, and has wide experience in property finance matters, acting for lenders and institutional investors in secured lending transactions. He has acted for, amongst others, UK and international companies, financial institutions, private individuals and on behalf of personal pension schemes. He acts for both landlords and tenants in retail, office and other lettings.
- Acted for a leading hotel chain in their refinancing projects (on the Scottish side of their cross-border transactions), lease acquisitions and disposals, and general property and leasing advice on their hotel portfolio.
- Acquisition of portfolio of redeveloped Edinburgh New Town apartments for overseas buyers.
- Acquisition and refinancing of shopping centres and property portfolios for UK lenders and institutional investors.
- Acted for a leading UK construction group in their property acquisition work and their leasing requirements (both landlord and tenant).
- Acted for various high street retailers in lease acquisitions and management work.
- Acted for a Scottish pharmacy group in their purchases, leasing transactions and general property advice.
- Recommended in the Legal 500 - Real Estate, Commercial Property
- Stuart has worked as a tutor on the undergraduate degree and postgraduate diploma courses at the Universities of Edinburgh and Dundee.