Partner, Corporate & Commercial
Susan has more than 15 years’ experience of corporate and commercial law, and was formerly a partner in a large Edinburgh law firm. She deals with a variety of matters across a range of sectors, including company and business sales and purchases, joint ventures, investment rounds, commercial contracts and intellectual property. She also has significant experience in the timeshare and vacation ownership industry, having advised clients operating in this area for a number of years.
With a clear focus on client service, Susan offers commercial and pragmatic advice and is committed to securing the best outcome for her clients.
Susan was highlighted in Chambers 2015, which states that she “receives praise for the high quality of her corporate work”.
- Acting for a major UK nursing home operator in the disposal of several homes in Dundee and Aberdeen.
- Advising an AIM-listed company on the acquisition of various businesses and assets located at more than 20 sites across Scotland.
- Acting for a newly formed company in relation to equity investments made by BVI and English investors, in connection with a proposed leisure/residential development in London.
- Drafting bespoke key partner agreements and terms of trading for an Edinburgh based tour operator.
- Acting for a Scottish grain wholesale company in its merger with an agricultural seed supplier, and the corporate reorganisation of the expanded group.
- Advising the founders of a biomedical device company in connection with equity investments made in the company and the transfer and exploitation of intellectual property rights.
- Assisting a luxury Scottish hotel with the establishment of its innovative vacation ownership packages.
- Acting for a major timeshare exchange organisation on a variety of commercial matters
- Recommended in the Legal 500 - Corporate and commercial