12th May 2011

Property Investment – The Way Forward

As readers of previous blogs will know, I am a great advocate of property investment. Results of a recent National Association of Estate Agents survey has shown that property ownership in the UK has dropped to 58% with the remaining 42% made up of rental properties. The 42% is divided between social housing and private landlords with the private landlord split showing considerable growth and now exceeding the social housing percentage. With more lenders re-entering the buy to let mortgage market and no real sign of easing up for first time buyers, I think this could be the right time for people who are wishing to invest in property. I have already noticed an increase in the large institutional investors and my feeling is that there is certainly a window of opportunity in 2011. I think Dundee is particularly well suited for property investors given its relatively low entrance prices, high number of students, and also strong rental tendencies of the local population. With this in mind I am hosting a property investment seminar on Thursday 23 June, 12 – 2.30 pm. This will include an overview of the property investment market and advice from experts on property management and mortgages with access to some exclusive buy to let products. Afterwards there will be a chance to chat over a coffee and a sandwich. As numbers are limited I would be grateful if you could contact my colleague Lesley Rorrison on Tel. 01382 229222 or by e-mail at lesley.rorrison@blackadders.co.uk to register your place. I look forward to seeing you on the day.

Lindsay Darroch
Head of Property Services

 

 

The opinions expressed in this blog are of the author only and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Blackadders LLP.

Blackadders takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the content of this blog is accurate and up to date. The blog is not, however, intended as a substitute for seeking legal or other professional advice but rather as an informative guide to the services provided by Blackadders and topical legal developments. Blog users should always seek advice tailored to their specific situation. Consequently, Blackadders accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by anyone acting or failing to act on the basis of information contained on this blog. Downloading of material contained on this site is at the user’s own risk and all necessary virus checks must first be carried out by the user. Blackadders is not responsible for the material found on any web sites linked to this one and links to this site may only be made with Blackadders prior consent.

Copyright

Blackadders owns the copyright in this blog and all material contained on it. The material on this blog may be downloaded for personal use only and must not be altered. Otherwise, Blackadders’ written consent is required before any material on this site is reproduced, copied or transmitted in any way.

Privacy Statement

Information passed to us via this blog is kept confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties except if authorised by you or required by law.

© Blackadders LLP 2020

Members of the Law Society of Scotland.

Blackadders Solicitors is a trading name of Blackadders LLP, a limited liability partnership, registered in Scotland No SO301600 whose registered office is 30 & 34 Reform Street, Dundee, DD1 1RJ. Reference to a ‘partner’ is to a member of Blackadders LLP.

Back to Blackadders' Property Blog: Covering Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Angus and beyond