Here's our checklist of points to remember when selling your home.
- Take final electricity and gas meter readings.
- Cancel home insurance, TV, phone, broadband, Sky and notify all the relevant people of your move - utilities, bank, doctor, DVLA.
- Once negotiations are complete, your solicitor and the buyer’s solicitor will formally conclude missives. Leave that to your selling agent.
- During viewings point out all the good points of the home.
- Approve your property schedule.
- Arrange for a Home Report to be conducted.
- Arrange for your agent to visit and value your property.
- Clean, clean, clean - make sure your home looks its best.
- Once you have chosen your agent, get ready to sell.
- Choose an selling agent who knows the market and has the experience to give you an honest and accurate valuation.
- Be aware of selling agents who over or under value your property - ask for evidence to back-up their valuation if necessary.
- De-clutter your home and finish off any little DIY jobs left uncompleted. Presentation is everything.
- Discuss with your agent all the marketing options.
- Agree the asking price with your solicitor/selling agent.
- Your estate agent will arrange viewings for you.
- Never accept an offer from a buyer during a viewing.
- Once you have received an offer, decide whether you want to set a closing date or accept the offer.
- Book a removal company or hire a van for the move.
- Set up mail forwarding service.
- Drop your keys with your solicitor on the day of exchange
Follow these simple steps and you will be able to sell your home with minimal stress. At Blackadders, our residential property will be able to help you if you need any advice when selling your property.