Blackadders has a range of experienced legal professionals that you can use to augment your service provision. Contact us if you require assistance in the following areas:
- Complaints Handling
- Contentious Trusts and Estates
- Court Agency
- Estate Agency
- Expert Witness
- Guardianships & Guardianship Reports
- Inheritance Tax Planning Support
For more information please email: email@example.com
Blackadders are also delighted to announce that we are now authorised by the Law Society of Scotland to offer Trainee Continuing Professional Development (TCPD) workshops.
The Law Society of Scotland provides the advice below to Trainee Solicitors:
TCPD is structured learning undertaken over and above your office commitments, with a view to such learning assisting your achievement of the PEAT 2 outcomes.
Over the course of a traineeship, you are required to undertake a minimum of 60 hours of TCPD:
- A minimum of 40 hours of the minimum 60 hours must come from an authorised provider.
- Between months nine and 15 of a traineeship, you are required to undertake the mandatory ethics course.
- This is the only mandatory element of TCPD and must be of at least four hours' training and come from an authorised provider.
- The Society would expect that a minimum of 30 hours of TCPD should normally have been undertaken by month 15 of the traineeship but this is not a requirement.
- Trainees should note that, should they wish to be admitted as a solicitor after the first year of their training contact has been completed, they will require to have completed a minimum of 20 hours of TCPD.
For further information in relation to TCPD, including the differences between authorised and non-authorised TCPD and whether or not you are eligible to claim travel and accommodation expenses for TCPD, please see the TCPD FAQs section of the Law Society of Scotland website.
Blackadders are proud to be able to offer a variety of TCPD sessions as well as the Mandatory Ethics Course.
All sessions will be held at our Dundee office unless stated otherwise. If you are unable to travel to Dundee, please contact us to discuss alternatives.
For further information, to book a place or to join our TCPD mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Blackadders LLP will use your details to provide TCPD events or further information on them to you, including training records required for regulatory purposes. We are required to share training records with the Law Society of Scotland. We’ll use your details in accordance with our Privacy Notice and you can unsubscribe from the TCPD mailing list at any time.